1. When Used to make one suffer: In Isaiah 13:15-18 Isaiah shares his Prophecy telling us that God is going to make the Babylonians suffer by having their wives raped. Having their children dashed to pieces before their eyes and destroying their city is apparently not enough to torture them.
2. When they are young girls and you’ve conquered their city: In Numbers 31:17-18 during a battle directed by God, Moses tells his soldiers to kill all the men, boys, and women but to take the all the girls, that are still virgins, for themselves. The only reason lonely soldiers would need girls that are both young and virgins is to use them as sex slaves. Remember that Moses was still seen as a good person in the eyes of the Lord at this point, even after ordering rape and child molestation.
3. When it’s a female sex slave: Leviticus 19:20-22 talks about what you must do if you rape or sleep a slave girl. The girl will not punished by death, but only because she is the property of someone else. The rapist however must present the owner of the girl with a gift such as a ram and then everything will be considered ok in the eyes of the Lord.
4. When avoiding homosexuality: According to Judges 19:24 men being raped by men is not ok, for it is an act of homosexuality; but offering your daughter or wife to be raped as a means to avoid an act of homosexuality is ok.
5. When punishing your neighbor: In 2 Samuel 12:11-14 God punishes David by giving his wife to his neighbor to be raped in broad daylight.
6. When attacking Jerusalem: According to Zechariah 14:1-2 there will come a day when God will cause a battle against Jerusalem and have all the women raped.
Isn’t rape immoral?
Thankfully the Bible has an answer for that too. According to the bible women were created for man and they are actually just the property of man.
“Atheists are routinely asked how people will know not to rape and murder without religion telling them not to do it, especially a religion that backs up the orders with threats of hell. Believers, listen to me carefully when I say this: when you use this argument, you terrify atheists. We hear you saying that the only thing standing between you and Ted Bundy is a flimsy belief in a supernatural being made up by pre-literate people trying to figure out where the rain came from. This is not very reassuring if you’re trying to argue from a position of moral superiority.”—10 Myths Many Religious People Hold About Atheists, Debunked (via lavender-labia)
My Physics teacher finally put zeros in for all my missing assignments. It dropped my grade 7%. I’m pretty sure once I turn them in— which I will! It’s just that he never enforces the due dates and I got behind by always helping my friend with a learning disability in that class— he’ll take them…
Dude. Run. Get out. Because eventually you’ll just end up like me, a person who constantly invalidates the feelings of others in order to protect herself from their disapproval. RUN. ha?
with interpersonal relationships, particularly of the romantic variety. My boy will probably just up and leave one of these days. I’ve told him to. Been dealing with ADHD/depression/anxiety ever since moving in with him. He seems to think he deserves better, and of course that hurts. But perhaps he truly does. I feel like he complains about me a lot, really dislikes me. I’ve told him to go, find someone better, I don’t care. I’m alright though: smart, accomplished, funny, pretty cute. I’m just very callous. I do not take care of his feelings enough. I feel like his dissatisfaction with me has had a hugely negative effect on my already floundering self-esteem. The way things have been this semester, I’m not writing, I’m not accomplishing enough. I’m barely keeping my head above water. So, go. I know it’s not quite rock bottom, because I still sometimes feel like I deserve love and kindness, but it’s pretty bad when I’ve really stopped giving a fuck about the relationship as an entity. It’s just. So. Broken.
“I think it’s odd that you can’t joke about rape, when people joke about murder all the time. A lot more people are dying than getting raped. I think it’s a comedian’s job to make everything funny. Nothing is off-limits.”—
If anyone’s wondering, here’s the reasoning we’re fighting against rape jokes, specifically.
Everybody pretty much agrees that murder is bad, and that even when walking alone at night, people aren’t asking to be murdered. When people get murdered, we go “oh shit, did they find the murderer? how is their family holding up?” When women get raped, we go “what was she wearing are you sure she didnt lead the guy on maybe she liked it maybe the guy didnt hear her say no why are you automatically siding against the guy maybe hes the actual innocent party here OMG U FEMINAZIS”.
Rape isn’t taken seriously as a crime, and women who report their rapes aren’t taken seriously as victims. Even under the “best” circumstances, these women undergo incredible amounts of victim blaming and slut shaming, something really only specific to rape victims, certainly not murder victims.
So when the people who overwhelmingly commit rapes (practically with impunity, given the way we treat rape victims) are *same* guys want to joke about rape? Yeah, no, that is fucked the fuck up.
with my boyfriend today. Such a terrible fucking show. So idiotic, relies on stereotypes, really dumb/vapid characters, etc. So it basically turned into this giant deal because I hated it, and when Jon hears that, it’s like he hears that I hate him. Which I don’t. But then I feel like a cunt for impugning his taste, not being “cool” enough to be down with all the vaguely sexist jokes and portrayals of women. I wish we could just be more chill with one another after two fucking years instead of getting uptight about what the other person likes or dislikes. So I just typed this out in my frustration, trying to sort out these feelings, trying to reconcile just being chill and not giving a fuck with actually sort of giving a fuck about the (constant!) sexist portrayals of women in our culture. Idk, maybe shit like this show wouldn’t bother me if it wasn’t so pervasive, or if my own partner didn’t like it. (Granted, of course, he says that he doesn’t necessarily agree with everything these characters say, but he still watches the damn show.) Such dudebro annoying-ness.:
"I’m sick of this fucking culture. I’m supposed to be an anything-goes, no-sacred-cows kind of girl. A crass sexual comment? Shouldn’t bother me. Yet it reminds of this entire damn fucking culture, the one that says because I am a woman I am supposed to be leered at, hit on, sexually harassed, and assaulted. And I’m supposed to like it. I would love to hear what you want to do to me.
I tell myself that I think that any display of sexuality is good. Sexual freedom is an ideal worth striving for. Of course, abuse is never okay, but what about those grey areas, those cultural nuances that make me squirm? When a guy who likes “fat girls” is mercilessly taunted? When a guy on TV tells his wife he wants to fuck her in a brownie girl scout uniform, when use it later in his “wank bank?” I’m supposed to say, “Of course this is okay! It’s sexual freedom!” But it makes me feel alienated. I am tired of women being used solely for male pleasure or ridicule. There is nothing wrong with lust, but can there be something wrong with the way we express it, particularly in the culture at large? I’m starting to think that there is. And I think that makes me a prude. And that’s what fucking kills me. Because I want to be a cool girl. A cool “chick” is more like it. I don’t want to hate male sexuality—it as just as valid as any other variety. I’m supposed to let anything go. Even if it bothers me or reminds me of a past bad experience where a stranger tells me what they want to do to me, or other women. No sacred cows. Let’s go to the butcher.”