Arizona banned these books when they banned ethnic studies.
High School Course Texts and Reading Lists Table 20: American Government/Social Justice Education Project 1, 2 – Texts and Reading Lists
Table 21: American History/Mexican American Perspectives, 1, 2 – Texts and Reading Lists
Course: English/Latino Literature 7, 8
- Occupied America: A History of Chicanos (2004), by R. Acuna
- The Anaya Reader (1995), by R. Anaya
- The American Vision (2008), by J. Appleby et el.
- Rethinking Columbus: The Next 500 Years (1998), by B. Bigelow and B. Peterson
- Drink Cultura: Chicanismo (1992), by J. A. Burciaga
- Message to Aztlan: Selected Writings (1997), by C. Jiminez
- De Colores Means All of Us: Latina Views Multi-Colored Century (1998), by E. S. Martinez
- 500 Anos Del Pueblo Chicano/500 Years of Chicano History in Pictures (1990), by E. S. Martinez
- Codex Tamuanchan: On Becoming Human (1998), by R. Rodriguez
- The X in La Raza II (1996), by R. Rodriguez
- Dictionary of Latino Civil Rights History (2006), by F. A. Rosales
- A People’s History of the United States: 1492 to Present (2003), by H. Zinn